Monday, October 26, 2009

First Craft Show!


Well I got thru it!  And it was awesome!  I was at Lakewood United Methodist and even tho they put me and 2 other lovely ladies in a tiny room off the regular path of the show, i still feel it was a great experience!  Mostly, it was great visibility for me.  I realized before the show that I didn't have enough inventory, but i did have a cute table...for my first time and all.  I enjoyed hearing "oh these are so cute" and knowing it was because of my grandma's time with me that i could say "thank you so much!"  She taught me everything i know! 

I have to give a shout out to Elizabeth who got her butt up at the crack of dawn on a saturday and drove out with me to help me set up, and offered great advice and great humor to my day.  She's such a great friend!  I mean, who wants to sit around all day at a craft show?  That's love!

And my mom, bless her heart, had back surgery less than 2 weeks prior but got up there at lunchtime, brought us subway and sat with me the rest of the time.  It was a nice day, even tho it was tucked in a back room. I learned all the things i had done right...and the things i can do better.  But i would say the expectation actually was met.  How many times can we say that in life?
And a big thanks to Bethany and Patsi!  who loaned me their tables and the kick butt old luggage to display my beans.  They saved me!

I have had 2 orders come thru AFTER and BECAUSE OF the show.  I am planning on going to St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church in the woodlands the first weekend of december for a 2 day craft show. It's where we got married and i served on LifeTeen there so I think it'll be great to see some familiar faces and get some more visibility. 

I'm super pumped about how God is blessing the business this week!  I have 8 new orders in 3 days.  What a great "problem" to have, to find the time to fill them all.  Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment